1st Red Line
- The oldest line of Saint-Petersburg.
- Start of construction: April 1941.
- Resumption of construction: September 3, 1947.
- Opened November 15, 1955.
- Initially: Kirov-Vyborg line.
- The line is 29.7 km long and has 19 stations.
- The average speed of trains is 38 km/h.
- The average time from end to end is 47 minutes.
- The average depth of the stations is 50 meters.
- The length of trains is 8 cars.
On the whole line, landing through the last door of the last carriage is not performed, because when the train stops, it is located outside the platform.
- West of the station Prospect Veteranov - Александрино (проект)ru and Проспект Маршала Жукова (проект)ru.
- North of the station Политехническаяru - Сосновка (проект)ru and Проспект Культуры (проект)ru.
- Continuation of the line to Pulkovo Airport - the project is replaced by a railway express train.
As befits the most deserved lines, there are a lot of interesting things on the First line:
- The station Девяткиноru and TCh-4 Severnoye are located outside Petersburg - in the Leningrad Region.
- Station Гражданский проспектru as one of two stations in Saint-Petersburg with a ground-based anti-nuclear defense complex.
- Unfinished branch at the station Политехническаяru.
- Widely known in narrow circles, Размывru with a "breakthrough" (quicksand) between stations Леснаяru and Площадь Мужестваru.
- Passage under the Neva in the place of its greatest depths (24 meters, tunnel depths over 70 meters) between stations Площадь Ленинаru and Чернышевскаяru.
- Service connecting branches of 1/3 Lines.
- The shortest stage in Saint-Petersburg (720m) between stations Владимирскаяru and Площадь Восстанияru.
- Accident with a dump in the construction of an inclined course of the station Пушкинскаяru, and an underground monument to Pushkin in the same place.
- Service connecting branches of 1/2 Lines.
- Panel "1917" at the station Baltiyskaya.
- Ghost station January 9th Garden (not built).
- Many legends about a secret service branch to the territory of the Kirov factory and port from the station Narvskaya to the station Kirovsky Zavod.
- ССВ 1/6 линий (Путиловская/Нарвская, строится)ru.
- Glass columns at a very beautiful station Avtovo.
- Three metro depots at once: TCh-4 Severnoye, TCh-1 Avtovo & TCh-2 Dachnoye.
- The now defunct ground station Dachnoye (closed) (now this is the traffic police building).
- The busiest metro station in Saint-Petersburg - Prospect Veteranov, about 2.6 million people per month.
IMHO, the most beautiful station on this line - Площадь Восстанияru. She is the second busiest in the Saint-Petersburg metro. Interestingly, in the Moscow metro the busiest station is its partner, Komsomolskaya. Partner, because all the traffic on trains between Moscow and Saint-Petersburg passes through both of these stations, at the Moscow and Leningrad railway stations, respectively.
Sokolov's book about the first stage of the Leningrad metro, 1957.