1st Red Line
- The oldest line of Saint-Petersburg.
- Start of construction: April 1941.
- Resumption of construction: September 3, 1947.
- Opened November 15, 1955.
- Initially: Kirov-Vyborg line.
- The line is 29.7 km long and has 19 stations.
- The average speed of trains is 38 km/h.
- The average time from end to end is 47 minutes.
- The average depth of the stations is 50 meters.
- The length of trains is 8 cars.
On the whole line, landing through the last door of the last carriage is not performed, because when the train stops, it is located outside the platform.
- West of the station Проспект ВетерановRU - Александрино (проект) and Проспект Маршала Жукова (проект).
- North of the station ПолитехническаяRU - Сосновка (проект) and Проспект Культуры (проект).
- Continuation of the line to Pulkovo Airport - the project is replaced by a railway express train.
As befits the most deserved lines, there are a lot of interesting things on the First line:
- The station ДевяткиноRU and ТЧ-4 "Северное" are located outside Petersburg - in the Leningrad Region.
- Station Гражданский проспектRU as one of two stations in Saint-Petersburg with a ground-based anti-nuclear defense complex.
- Unfinished branch at the station ПолитехническаяRU.
- Widely known in narrow circles, "erosion" with a "breakthrough" (quicksand) between stations ЛеснаяRU and Площадь МужестваRU.
- Passage under the Neva in the place of its greatest depths (24 meters, tunnel depths over 70 meters) between stations Площадь ЛенинаRU and ЧернышевскаяRU.
- Service connecting branches of 1/3 Lines.
- The shortest stage in Saint-Petersburg (720m) between stations ВладимирскаяRU and Площадь ВосстанияRU.
- Accident with a dump in the construction of an inclined course of the station ПушкинскаяRU, and an underground monument to Pushkin in the same place.
- Service connecting branches of 1/2 Lines.
- Panel "1917" at the station БалтийскаяRU.
- Ghost station Сад 9-го Января (не построена).
- Many legends about a secret service branch to the territory of the Kirov factory and port from the station НарвскаяRU to the station Кировский ЗаводRU.
- ССВ 1/6 линий (Путиловская, строится).
- Glass columns at a very beautiful station АвтовоRU.
- Three metro depots at once: ТЧ-1 "Автово", ТЧ-2 "Дачное" and ТЧ-4 "Северное".
- The now defunct ground station Dachnoye (closed) (now this is the traffic police building).
- The busiest metro station in Russia - Проспект ВетерановRU, about 5.8 million people per month.
IMHO, the most beautiful station on this line - Площадь ВосстанияRU. She is the second busiest in the Saint-Petersburg metro (about 5.1 million people a month). Interestingly, in the Moscow metro the busiest station is its partner, Komsomolskaya (about 5.6 million people per month). Partner, because all the traffic on trains between Moscow and Saint-Petersburg passes through both of these stations, at the Moscow and Leningrad railway stations, respectively.