5th Purple Line
- Start of construction: late 1980s.
- Opening of the line: December 20, 2008.
- Opening of the first station on the line: December 30, 1991 (!).
- Initially: Frunze radius, then Frunze-Primorsky line.
- The length of the line is 26.2 km, it has 15 stations. The line is growing north.
- Average train speed: 42 km/h.
- Travel time from end to end: 37 minutes.
- Average station depth: 65 meters.
Initially, until December 30, 1991, the northern section of the Fifth Line worked as part of 4th Orange Line.
Until July 31, 2013 the line was serviced by ТЧ-6 "Выборгское", then until September 4, 2019 - ТЧ-3 "Московское"RU. Now the line has its own metro depot - ТЧ-7 "Южное".
Until September 2019, 6-wagon trains operated on the line, and now 8-wagon trains.
On the Fifth line, almost all stations are beautiful, and there are many interesting places:
- The busiest station on the line is Комендантский проспектRU.
- Between the stations Комендантский проспектRU and Старая ДеревняRU on a flat ground there is a line maintenance point. And since the slope of this stretch is 40 thousandths, the maintenance point lies 15 meters above the main tunnels. A special staircase was built to descend from it into the tunnels. On the same stretch, passing in the quicksand zone, 2 airtight shutters were built on each track.
- Спортивная (нижний зал)RU / Спортивная (верхний зал)RU - the only two-level station in the ex-USSR with a unique two-stage travelator under Malaya Neva - Спортивная (травелатор)RU.
- АдмиралтейскаяRU - the deepest station in Russia (86 meters!), one of two stations with a two-stage escalator.
- All the same interchange node Сенная ПлощадьRU, СадоваяRU and СпасскаяRU.
- СадоваяRU is the only station in Saint-Petersburg with track development on both sides of the station. From the north - a loop to the north end of the station Невский ПроспектRU - Service connecting branches of 2/5 Lines. From the south - connecting tunnels along both tracks to the west end of the station ДостоевскаяRU - ССВ 4/5 линий (Садовая/Достоевская). Foreigners who do not know the Russian language often come across this - they board the train at the station СадоваяRU to go north, and the train suddenly brings them to the station Невский ПроспектRU and takes them away on 2nd Blue Line south :)
- Station ВолковскаяRU - pet the cat! :)
- Station БухарестскаяRU - find a titmouse! :)
- Station МеждународнаяRU - Atlanta draped penis :)
- ТЧ-7 "Южное" - the only one in Saint-Petersburg that can be partially "legally" viewed from the station lobby Шушары (from the transition to the landing platform).
The most beautiful station on this line, and in general in Saint-Petersburg, unconditionally - Обводный каналRU. Very cool and beautiful industrial style of the early twentieth century.