3rd Green Line
- Opened November 3, 1967.
- Initially: Nevsky-Vasileostrovskaya line.
- The length of the line is 28.8 km, it has 12 stations.
- Average train speed: 43 km/h.
- Average time from end to end: 40 minutes.
- Average station depth: 56 meters.
- Train length: 6 wagons.
In 1967-1979, the Third Line consisted entirely of "horizontal elevators". Today, there are eight stations of this type on the Third Line, and six in a row.
On the Third Line, as many as seven ghost stations, never built. In the general list of lines they would look like this: ..., ПриморскаяRU, Harbor, ВасилеостровскаяRU, Universitetskaya, Admiralteyskaya, Гостиный дворRU, Anichkov bridge, МаяковскаяRU, Площадь Александра Невского-1RU, Smolyanaya, Crystal, ЕлизаровскаяRU, ЛомоносовскаяRU, Щемиловка (недострой)RU, ПролетарскаяRU, ...
The Third Line contains both the westernmost and easternmost points of Saint-Petersburg metro.
Interesting places of the Third line:
- Station БеговаяRU is the most western metro station in Russia.
- Station НовокрестовскаяRU - the first non-terminal station in Saint-Petersburg with coastal platforms (this is when the tunnel is in the center and the platforms are on the sides).
- Both of these stations are "coastal horizontal elevators" with glass walls through which a tunnel and trains can be seen.
- The longest stretch under the Neva between the stations ВасилеостровскаяRU and Гостиный дворRU. According to rumors, on this stage there are as many as three sealed shutters.
- The station with the longest name: Площадь Александра Невского-1RU, 25 Russian letters. On it is the famous epic panel "five men on four horses".
- Between the stations Площадь Александра Невского-1RU) and ЕлизаровскаяRU lies the longest inter-station tunnel in Saint-Petersburg (3.4 kilometers).
- The station ЛомоносовскаяRU is cheerfully and fervently mentioned by Dovlatov in his story Nomenclature low shoes.
- Between the stations ЛомоносовскаяRU and ПролетарскаяRU - a tunnel to the station Щемиловка (недострой)RU unfinished due to a methane explosion during construction.
- Station ПролетарскаяRU - one of two stations in Saint-Petersburg, due to the great depth it is forced to have a cascade of two escalators.
- Slopes of 50 thousandths between stations and РыбацкоеRU.
- Station РыбацкоеRU and ТЧ-5 "Невское"RU are the most eastern metro points in Saint-Petersburg.