- This object in Internet: Wiki, Wikimapia, карта Yandex
- Opened: September 28, 1979
- Station depth: 68m
- Project title: Decembrist Island, Seaside
- Popular names: Primorka, Prima
- Type of station: column-wall
- Entrance to the station: ground lobby
- Traffic: total about 1333 thousand people per month
Primorskaya station is probably the most dimly lit, the most gloomy station in the Saint-Petersburg metro. It's not very noticeable to the eye, but the camera's electronics see it quite clearly. It's very dark to shoot here.
The station is named after its location - before the appearance of alluvial territories on the Finnish Gulf, it was the nearest metro station to the sea. The project names are "Decembrist Island", because the station is located on this island, and "Seaside".
Before the opening in 1981, the station Proletarskaya was the deepest metro station in the country.
Prior to the opening in 2018, the extension 3rd Green Line to the northwest was the westernmost metro station in the country, and also the terminus on the line.
The station hall is decorated with four high reliefs of famous ships of the Russian and Soviet fleets, whose journey began in Saint-Petersburg, Petrograd, Leningrad.
The first battleship "Poltava" (left), built in Saint-Petersburg in 1712. The sailing ships Vostok and Mirny, which discovered Antarctica in 1820 (on the right).
The space communication ship "Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin", 1971 (left). The nuclear icebreaker "Arctic", which reached the North Pole for the first time in the world, 1977 (right).
The floor between the high reliefs is decorated with a traditional Wind Rose.
At the end of the hall, as it should be, there is an installation of sea anchors.
The flow of passengers here is large - a large residential area "hangs" at this station. Once upon a time, before the construction of the Western High-Speed Diameter and alluvial territories, it was the quietest and very prestigious place in the city. Therefore, you need to watch this station in the middle of the working day.
Let's go up to the surface. A passage with two stairs leads from the main hall of the station to the escalators.
Here at the end of the transition, if you look from the escalators, there is another high relief. I suspect that it symbolizes the Baltic. Only here the character of the Baltic Sea is not so romantic at all.
The lighting here in the passage is the darkest. It's almost dark. What prevented the addition of light is unclear.
In front of the escalator is a traditional hermetic door, apparently of the vertical "guillotine" type.
At the top we see that a 9-storey building of complex shape is attached to the metro lobby.
This building houses the metro services and the Saint-Petersburg Metro Museum. But we won't go there, that's a separate story. We're going back underground.
There are no decorations in the station lobby. Everything in style and design directly screams about the era of the late USSR. Very authentic.
Escalators dive underground without any mosaics or bas-reliefs.
We pass the twilight of the corridor and go out again into the central hall of the station.
An interesting side hall on the way to the city center. On the side from where the trains arrive, the switch is visible. Trains have been turning around here for many years when the station was the terminus. Further in that direction, two tunnels converge into one double-track.
On the other hand, where the trains go to the center, there used to be a fence that excludes boarding the first car of the train. This was necessary to eliminate the crush at the escalator at the next extremely congested station - Vasileostrovskaya. With the help of this fence, the first car always came there empty. With the extension of the line further to the northwest, the meaning of this measure disappeared, and the fence was removed.
Ruskeala marble gives the station a certain warmth. The columns of the loudspeakers are visible in places in the marble columns.
The name of the station and the doors on the track walls here are also made in a very dark tone. Which only emphasizes the twilight of the side halls.
Well, this is the first station on 3rd Green Line, built not according to the "horizontal elevator" project. However, a string of 6 "horizontal elevators" in a row starts from it to the city center, and to the outskirts - stations with a closed air circuit. These are essentially also "horizontal elevators", only of a different design. Funny fact.