- Metro depot at Wikipedia and Wikimapia.
- Opened: September 5, 2019.
- Night capacity: 28 trains.
- Area of responsibility: 5th Purple Lineen and partially 4th Orange Lineen.
Today it is the largest metro depot in Saint-Petersburg. Named for its geographical location - the southern de facto border of Saint-Petersburg.
This is the only metro depot that can be viewed from the transition to the station Shusharyen and from the surrounding area. But you still won't see much:
Therefore, let's take photos from the copter from the Web:
As you can see, the depot is adjacent to the station Shusharyen:
The composition of the Yuzhnoye metro depot:
- sedimentation and repair building for 41 tracks,
- railroad car and electric locomotive workshop,
- workshop for turning wheelsets without rolling out,
- workshop for restoration painting and drying of cars,
- administrative building and canteen.
There is both a scheme and a plan of the metro depot. Also from open sources. To view them normally, open the diagrams in a new tab.
The depot is designed to carry out the following volumes of maintenance and repair:
- Current repair of TR-3: 7 wagons per month
- TR-2: 12 wagons per month
- TR-1: 30 wagons per month
- Unscheduled repairs: 90 wagons per month
- Maintenance TO-3K: 1 train per day
- TO-3: 4 trains per day
- TO-1: 44 trains per day